Monday, September 24, 2007



This is my little piece of Heaven.

Ed loves sitting out here with the dogs and a cup of coffee in the mornings. It has taken us 15 years to get the back yard the way we want it. I like to walk the paths and pray. I am working on not getting distracted by every breeze that blows out here. After about 5 minutes, I usually end up pulling, planting or digging someting but it is relaxing to me so it is all good.
When we first moved here, this was all wooded. I read Jack Hayford's book Glory on your house and was inspired to pray on each of the four corners of my property, dedicating it to the Lord and asking His protection on it. I held out my hand in the direction of the wooded corners and prayed from the safety of the back lawn. No need to test His provision of protection right away by tromping through the snake habitat. We have seen an occassional water mocassin and black snake out there, but not since finishing the garden.
Life is good.

No comments: